Do you need help determining your yardage quantity?
Locally Made + Approved Organic
- Amount: 1 cubic foot per bag.
- Oly Mountain Organic Fish Compost is high quality, mature compost with a number of uses. When used properly, Oly Mountain Fish Compost can improve soil quality which leads to improved plant health
- Virtually odorless.
- Made from organic waste, blended hardwoods and Washington native fish.
- A soil additive that is high in nutrients.
- High in nitrogen.
- Quality product that is used by professionals.
- A little goes a long way.
- It takes over two years to become a finished product.
- Most people who try this compost it becomes their new favorite.
- Attractive soil cover in beds and effective weed mulch.
- Could be used for plants, fruits, vegetables, and ornamentals.
- Used for the best tomato yield.
- Can be used for trees and shrubs.
- Use when you’re preparing the soil for planting.
- Use when mulching beds and gardens in spring, summer, or fall.
- Used as top-dressing lawns in spring or fall.
- Apply a layer of 2-3" for mulching.
- Great paired with veggie mix.
- 3"- veggie mix + 1" -fish compost.
- Planting new garden beds on lawns: Spread a 2- to 4-inch layer of compost and mix into the upper 6- to 12-inches of existing soil. Use more in sandy soils, and less in heavy clay. Re-apply 1/2 to 1-inch annually on garden beds.
- Mulching: Spread a 2-inch layer of Fish Compost over the lawn. This will feed the roots for a healthier lawn.
- Vegetable Gardens: For new vegetable beds add 20% Oly Mountain Fish Compost. Add 4 to 6 inches of compost to existing vegetable beds.
- Roses, Perennials, and Trees: Use Oly Mountain Fish Compost when planting roses, flowering plants, and trees. This ensures beautiful blooms all season. Always mix compost with the native soil.
- Blended (Manufactured) Topsoils: Good quality “topsoil” products usually include 10% to 40% compost by volume, mixed with a sandy loam soil that allows good drainage. These compost-soil blends help establish healthy lawns and gardens.